Thursday, June 22, 2006

Not much progress over this past week. I had to work last weekend, so I didn't get much of a chance to work on the arcade.

On the up side, I did get the back piece cut and tested out the stain I bought. I think we're going to use an American Oak gel stain using a dry brush technique.

I also came up with an idea to clamp and glue the angled pieces together. It's basically a homemade version of the Clamp-It system. In order to do that I need a tenon jig, so I've bought the materials to build one from the BT3Central website. And while I'm at it I'm going to make a finger board that clamps to the sliding miter table as well. So this will set me back a bit time-wise, but all of these accessories will be very useful in the future, so I think it's time well spent. So that'll probably be the weekend...

No comments: