I've had yet another delay, this time due to an injury. I was sharpening a cabinet scraper and my hand slipped and I cut the hell out of my finger. It's taken me nearly two weeks to even get back to the point where my finger is somewhat useable.
I have done a little bit of work despite my injury. I've gotten the 2nd tier constructed. It turned out pretty well, although my clamping and gluing of the mitred corners weren't perfect. I ended up using a dowel peg system to connect the top to the 2nd tier sides. I also came up with a way to attach a USB joystick to the control panel in such a way as to make it look like it was custom built for the tier.
The finishing of all of these pieces has also begun. Last night I got the one of the side panels stained. Tonight I'll probably work on staining either the 2nd tier or the front panel.