Here are some of the changes:
- Integrated catisith2's keypad interface code
- Added logic so alarm system is run completely by the JeeNode
- Replicated original functionality of the DSC alarm control board
- Added circuit to control the (very loud) siren
- Send radio packets when events occur (alarm, arm, disarm, doors open/close)
- Handle remote commands via radio (mainly arm/disarm commands)
- Made a small "cheatsheet" with all the commands to attach inside the keypad panel
I'm pretty satisfied with how the Security Node turned out but I have some things I'd like to change:
- The alarm system runs fine locally but my ultimate goal is to have an external interface so I can receive texts when events occur and remotely arm/disarm the system. I'm still trying to figure out how I want to do that. JC Wippler is doing some interesting research along these lines.
- There isn't much security with the arm/disarm radio messages, though I could encrypt the radio traffic pretty easily.
- The final board works well but it looks ugly. I'd like to redraw everything in EagleCAD and have a proper PCB made.
- Adding a battery backup so the alarm will still work when there is a power outage.
Here are some pictures:
|Security Node without JeeNode installed|
|Security Node installed|
|Keypad communicating with JeeNode|